How insurers are supporting employees during lockdown
It’s now more important than ever to maintain regular communication between clients and stakeholders, especially as the international situation is changing almost daily. It’s no different for us at IHC and we’re in regular contact with insurers to ensure our clients are kept up-to-date with the latest developments and offerings.
Most insurers have announced new product and service launches aimed at motivating employees during lockdown to stay fit and healthy at home. We’ve put together a quick round-up of what some insurers are offering, from digital GP services to wellbeing communication hubs and workout videos.
Aviva are continuing to offer members virtual physiotherapy services through Back2Better as well as digital mental health support through their Mental Health Pathway scheme. In addition, members can access Aviva’s digital GP services and a stress counselling helpline.
AXA PPP Healthcare
AXA PPP Healthcare have announced the launch of their new Clinical Support Centre which provides digital or telephone access to a panel of the UK’s leading specialists and consultants including cardiologists, orthopaedics and gastroenterologists. Members with a confirmed diagnosis can benefit from a ‘care while they wait’ service which includes support for managing symptoms through pain relief or online physiotherapy.
As part of this, members can also get unlimited virtual access to AXA PPP Healthcare’s private GP service Doctor@Hand provided by Doctor Care Anywhere.
In addition, AXA PPP have unveiled a series of additional health and wellbeing products and services including:
- Six-month free access to their Thrive app to help boost mental wellbeing and resilience
- Access to online workouts and yoga sessions
- Access to health and wellbeing support communities through Health Unlocked
- Discounts on health and wellbeing products and services
- Access to the 24/7 Health at Hand helpline staffed by nurses, midwives, pharmacists and counsellors.
In response to Covid-19, Benenden Health have developed a Coronavirus (Covid-19) Information hub to provide help and advice during the pandemic, including infection control, sleep hygiene, diet and mindfulness.
Both Benenden Health’s 24/7 digital GP and their mental health helpline and support service remains available for members along with remote physiotherapy consultations.
Bupa are expanding their range of health support services and resources to support customers through the current crisis, including the development of a dedicated Bupa COVID-19 online hub and extending access to their co-partnered Digital GP for all customers with a new Covid-19 care assistant feature.
Members can also make use of telephone and video consultations with nurses, GPs and consultants as well as specialist support such as physiotherapy, mental health and chemotherapy at home for cancer patients.
Generali are offering a huge range of health and wellbeing initiatives for employees and line managers including:
- Pre-recorded webinar Building Resilience During Lockdown or Quarantine
The webinar, in partnership with LifeWorks by Morneau Shepell is available to all Generali UK clients and provides coping mechanisms you and your people need to help manage the current situation.
- COVID-19 toolkit for managers and employees which includes health and wellbeing advice, updates and support along with tips and advice on maintaining a positive work environment.
- Fully digital LifeWorks EAP therapy service with access to psychiatrists, counsellors and therapists.
- Employee communications and social engagement tool through existing LifeWorks app
- On-going manager support and guidance through 24/7 telephone helplines and expert EAP counsellors
- Eldercare Support Services (ESS) with digital access to financial and legal assistance
- Digital access to medical and psychiatric specialists through the Best Doctors service. This also includes access to the Mental Health Navigator, a specialist signposting service as well as access to second medical opinions
- Wellbeing Investment Matching which provides access to external specialists for additional specific wellbeing needs
- Wellbeing Communications Hub which provides self-branded communications and resources to help support corporate wellbeing initiatives.
Healix Health Services
Through the Healthcare Scheme, members can access a range of services during the Covid-19 pandemic, including remote GP services, access to physiotherapists and other clinical and healthcare specialists via telephone or video. In addition, members can also access remote short-term counselling and other talking therapies through our EAP. For cancer patients, there are now many types of home treatments available as a safer alternative to visiting hospital.
Nuffield Health have launched a Workplace Wellbeing resource page in response to COVID-19 which includes weekly news bulletins, health and wellbeing tips and advice, access to webinars and links to useful resources.
Vitality have developed a fitness drive for employees during the Covid-19 pandemic with the ability to earn activity points and rewards. The newly-launched Vitality at Home service provides members with free access to home workouts and exercise and fitness sessions from both Peloton and British athlete and brand ambassador Jessica Ennis-Hill along with discounts on fitness wearables and food from Waitrose & Partners. As an extra incentive, members can enjoy two rental films a week with Rakuten TV to reward activity.